Class Description: This course is a review of emergency nursing designed to assist the participant to be successful in obtaining CEN certification. Through videos, graphics, lectures, and practice questions the course covers the many areas that are tested on the CEN exam. This review provides a foundation for further study as the participant works toward emergency nursing certification. Topics include:
- Shock and Multi-System Trauma
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Genitourinary/Obstetrical/Gynecological Emergencies
- Neurological Emergencies
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Toxicological and Environmental Emergencies
- Patient Care Management/Professional Issues
- Maxillofacial Emergencies
- Wound and Orthopedic Emergencies
- Psychological/ Social Emergencies
This activity has been approved by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) for 16.25 contact hours. The Emergency Nurse Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
August 29th - Building D, CHEC 1 & 2 on 1st floor.
August 30th - Building C, rooms A,B,C, on 1st floor.
Cost: Non Salem Health Employees - $250.