Lab: Tues., Oct. 15, 7:00–8:00 pm, PHS $140
Field Trips: Every Saturday at times noted below:
Oct. 26, 5–7 pm: Richardson Auditorium, 68 Nassau St, Princeton, NJ 08544
Nov. 2, 10 am–12 pm: Bowman’s Hill Tower, 1 Tower Rd, New Hope, PA 18938
Nov. 9, 11 am–1 pm: Marquand Park, 68 Lovers Ln, Princeton, NJ 08540
Nov. 16, 7–9 am: Chestnut Point Manasquan Reservoir, 337 Georgia Tavern Rd, Howell, NJ 07731
Nov. 23, 10 am–12 pm: Moravian Pottery and Tile Works Museum, 130 Swamp Rd, Doylestown, PA 18901
The locations and times might change, but will be discussed during Oct. 15 lab.
The best way to learn is in the field, hands-on and going to new places. By taking the “Photos in the Field” class, you will be traveling to multiple locations to understand various photography skills and techniques. You will be taught to photograph landscapes (sunrise and sunset), on location portraits, night photography, street photography, architecture and many other techniques. Field trips will be approximately two hours (not including travel) and will be within 45 minutes of Princeton University.
Students should have basic knowledge and understanding of how exposure and manual settings work.
Disclaimer: We will be walking in a variety of locations and some might be hiking trails.
Class Requirements (not needed for first class Oct. 15):
• Basic knowledge and understanding of exposure and manual settings
• Camera that operates in manual mode (DSLR or Mirrorless preferred)
• Tripod (that holds the weight of your camera plus lens together)
• Shutter trigger cable (will be used for long exposures)
• Camera backpack or bag (make sure it is comfortable to walk with and preferably has a tripod holder)