Doug Gould is the President & Senior Guide of Adventure Unlimited. He founded the company in June 1991.
His mission is to advocate an active, healthy lifestyle, to introduce the outdoor realm as a source of physical challenge, mental awareness and spiritual enlightenment, and to promote responsible stewardship of our natural environment.
Doug has spent a lifetime researching, organizing and serving as trip leader and guide for a diversified genre of outdoor activities. These activities include hiking, skiing, white-water rafting, scuba diving and wilderness canoeing.
His trips have included:
1. Yellowstone National Park
2. Rocky Mountain National Park
3. Yosemite National Park
4. Glacier & Waterton National Parks
5. Grand Canyon National Park [4 groups to the bottom]
6. Mt. Rainier & Mt. St.Helens National Parks
7. Banff, Jasper, Yoho & Kootenay National Parks, Canada
9. Peru [33 hikers on the 4-day trek to Machu Picchu]
10. Lake Tahoe, California
1. Class 5 white water on the Upper Youghiogheny River in Ohiopyle, Pa/Friendsville, MD
2. Class 3 white water in the Lehigh River Gorge in Jim Thorpe, PA.
WILDERNESS CANOE EXPEDITIONS
1. Allagash Wilderness Waterway, Maine
2. LaVerendrye Provincial Reserve, Quebec, Canada
3. Mississagi River Provincial Park. Ontario, Canada