Pat Dobbs is passionate about educating and empowering people about hearing loss. She does this through her work as Educator, Public Speaker and Coach.
She started to lose her hearing when she was 20. It progressively declined to the point where today she is a bilateral cochlear implants user and is thrilled to be able to hear in the normal range.
A classic late-bloomer, Pat spent the first twenty-five years of her business career selling mainframe solutions. It was only after she launched the Hearing Loss Revolution and it’s Nine Guiding Principles did she discover her true calling: Advocating for people with hearing loss. Along the way she has done:
- Speaking Engagements.
- Created and presented workshops. Currently working on a six- session on-line (verbal only) workshop called Have the Best Hearing Experience You can Have.
- Coaching - Hearing Loss Empowerment Coaching; helping people come to terms with their hearing loss
- Launched the Morris County (NJ) Chapter of the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) in 2011 and serves as its president. She is also a trustee of the HLAA-NJ and a head of HLAA-Morris County Advocacy Committee.
- Certified Peer Mentor, Gallaudet University.
- Writes active blog on living with hearing loss.