This 6 week hybrid course (1 night a week 2 hours) lays the foundation of social media marketing. You’ll learn what social media marketing entails, including the history and the different social media channels that exist. You’ll learn how to select a social media channel that fits your needs, set goals and success metrics, and determine who your target audience is.This course equips you with critical content creation and management skills. You’ll learn how to create effective social media posts and how to create a strong brand to help you build a social media presence. You’ll also learn how to establish an ongoing process to manage your content. This includes setting up a content calendar, managing and moderating your posts, analyzing data for insights and iteration, and how to increase post effectiveness. Whatever level of knowledge you start with, this course will help you build a solid foundation for social media marketing and gain applicable skills that will allow you to make your social media marketing efforts more successful and noticeable. This course will be held in-person and there may be an option for a few remote classes depending on the instructor and student availability.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the landscape of traditional, digital, and social media marketing
• Understand the major social media platforms, how they function, and what role they play in marketing
• Define your target audience and their customer journey
• Choose the right social media platforms and learn how to create social media policies • Establish and manage a social media presence
• Create a business page on social media
• Understand how and why to create content for social media
• Create a brand, tone, and voice for a social media presence
• Manage a content calendar for your social media presence
• Evaluate the performance of your content on social media and to iterate and optimize the performance
• Create a content calendar for your social media presence
• Manage social media content using real-world data
** Learners don't need marketing experience, but should have basic internet navigation skills and be eager to participate and connect in social media. Learners must have a Facebook account and an Instagram account would be helpful.
Course cost does not include Textbook. Textbook Purchase Required.