We are here to help you learn about your health and provide resources to manage your health. Our health educators and nurses can provide access to:
• Classes, forums and other educational events to help you learn how to manage your health. Click on "Calendar" above to see what's coming up in the CHEC!
• Accurate, easy-to-understand health information.
• Print materials, videos, and online information in English and Spanish.
• Information about local resources, services, and educational opportunities.
• Public computers to do your own research to find health-related information.
► The resources provided by the CHEC are free and available to all patients, visitors, and residents of Salem and the surrounding area.
We also offer outreach presentations, health screenings and use of our facilities to support health education throughout our community. Call us at 503-814-2432 to find out more.
Things to know:
- Parking - free, covered parking is available in several locations on our campus. Visitors coming during normal business hours can park in the hospital parking garage, the "flat lot" by the Emergency Department, the underground garage under Building A, or patient/visitor parking off Mission Street near the Rehabilitation Center. You can see a map showing the Salem campus and available parking by clicking here.
- We also have a drop-off area in case a member of your party cannot walk from the designated visitor parking areas.
- Bad weather cancellations - We generally follow the Salem-Keizer School District. If Salem-Keizer Schools close due to weather, most likely any CHEC classes that day will be canceled. If you're not sure, please call 503-814-2432 to find out. But no matter what, if you don't feel safe driving, please stay home: we'd rather have you miss a class than risk hazardous roads and sidewalks!
- Cancellation - If Salem Health cancels a class, a full refund or a class transfer will be issued.
- Withdrawal - If you notify us at least 7 days before the start of a class or session that you can't attend, we will give you a full refund.
- Medical Refund - A full refund will be issued if an illness or injury causes you to miss a class or part of a class. A note from your physician may be needed to get a medical refund.
- Refund checks will be mailed, which takes about 3 weeks. Credit card refunds are posted directly to your card. Cash refunds are not available.
Click here to return to the CHEC page on the Salem Health web site