The Art & Business of Actor Headshots with Michael Sanville
During this one-day intensive workshop, Michael Sanville, a headshot photographer with 20 years of experience, will share his knowledge of the industry, including how he has photographed literally tens of thousands of actors and continues to do so.
Students will learn the proper tools it takes to begin a career as a headshot photographer including:
- How to find your style.
- How to avoid the trappings of trends.
- How to find makeup artists that are not only professional but reliable.
- How to decide between flash and natural light and why some prefer one over the other.
- How to make an effective and inexpensive marketing plan to build your business.
- The do's and don't of working with actors and how to relate to them one on one.
This class will prepare students to deliver a top quality headshot that will get the actor noticed, and more importantly, in the door of agents managers and casting directors alike. Students are encouraged to bring a DSLR camera equipped with a hot shoe or sync connection.
Date: Saturday, November 14, 10 am - 6 pm (NOTE: This date has changed from the PDF and online catalog, formerly October 10.)
Enrollment limit: 15 students
Skill/Experience level: Students should have a working knowledge of their camera and the ability to shoot in manual mode. A basic understanding of photography fundamentals is required.
Tuition: $275 + $50 model and equipment fee
Location: Los Angeles Center of Photography, 1515 Wilcox Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90028
10 am - 6 pm,
November 14, 2015
Location: Los Angeles Center of Photography
(NOTE: This date has changed from the PDF and online catalog, formerly October 10.)